A portion of the Crown Ridge Nursing Home in Quinte West had to be ventilated by firefighters this afternoon, after a small blaze.
Fire Chief John Whelan tells Quinte News a space heater caught fire in an office, after it was plugged in via an extension cord, despite a warning on the unit not to do do that.
Whelan says a volunteer firefighter works in maintenance at the home and notified the department around 12:30 and a PSW working there was able to put the small fire out.
The chief adds that fire investigators have taken the heater to be inspected, to see why it may have caught fire in the first place.
A full evacuation wasn’t needed and there were no injuries.