There appears to be some breathing room for local school bus operators who were concerned about their contract with the province running out at the end of the 2020/21 school year.
In a Tuesday news release, Tri Board Transportation says the RFP process for student transportation services has been postponed because of Ontario’s emergency declaration and the current agreement will be extended through the 2021/22 school year.
Local operators were concerned about the RFP process late last year and had asked the government to reconsider how it awards student transportation contracts, to help keep smaller bus companies competitive and in business.
Tri Board says in order to have a service agreement in place for the 2022/23 school year, the RFP will be issued again in the later part of this year.




