As a result of current high water levels of Lake Ontario, continued rain fall and subsequent localized flooding, residents are being advised of the following closures, restrictions and information:
CLOSURES / RESTRICTIONS:
· Boat Launch on Edwards Drive has been CLOSED until further notice.
· Boat Launch at North Big Island has been CLOSED until further notice.
· Ameliasburgh Landfill has been CLOSED until further notice.
· Millennium Trail – sections are flooded from Station Road to Danforth Road and should be avoided until further notice.
· Drivers should avoid seasonal roads while localized flooding and heavy rainfall continues.
· There is localized flooding on the following sections of roads. Roads remain open however drivers should proceed cautiously and obey any posted signs:
o County Rd 28 (South)
o County Rd 39 (near Edwards Drive)
o County Rd 2 (between Gilead Road and Swamp College Rd)
o County Rd 15
o Bongard Rd
o Chase Rd
o Salem Rd
o Greer Rd
o Conley Rd
o Cold Creek Rd
Sand and sandbags continue to be available at the following locations daily from 7am to 5pm, including Saturday May 6 and Sunday May 7, at:
· 15 Coleman Street, Ameliasburgh
· 115 Lake Street, Picton
· Essroc Arena, 111 Belleville Street, Wellington