The investigation continues after a blaze tore through the home at 85 Frank Street causing $100,000 in damages Sunday afternoon.
At 3 p.m. firefighters from Stations #1 and 2 responded to a 911 call where a resident reported smoke in her home.
Upon arrival firefighters were met by the owner, stating all persons were out but a number of pets were still in the house.
Fire Prevention Officer Corey Davis says crews entered the smoke filled residence and were successful in locating and removing all the family pets.
He says upon entering the basement area, crews encountered heavy smoke and heat conditions but the quick actions and a rapid attack kept fire damage limited to one area. The home did have working Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarms, all properly located.
Paramedics were called to the scene to stand by, but were not required and released shortly after arriving as there were no injuries.
The services of the Electrical Safety Authority have been requested to assist in the investigation.