
On Wednesday March 10, 2016 Cogeco Connexion announced an $11,500 contribution to the Belleville Waterfront and Ethnic Festival. (L-R: President of the Belleville Chamber of Commerce Tim Farrell, Cogeco Belleville Manager Scott Meyers, Cogeco President and CEO Louise St-Pierre, Belleville Chamber of Commerce Events Coordinator Susan Walsh, Belleville Chamber of Commerce CEO Bill Saunders, Belleville Councillors Jack Miller, Edgerton Boyce and Garnett Thompson). (Photo: David Foot / Quinte News)
For the second straight year, Belleville’s Waterfront and Ethnic Festival is earning some major provincial recognition.
The Waterfront Festival has once again been named one of the Top 100 Festivals in Ontario, of more than 600 held across the province every summer.
Belleville Chamber of Commerce CEO Bill Saunders says that kind of recognition is a key in growing the event.
Saunders added that details on performers would be announced in early April, but he did note one major change, as organizers will scrap the Indiefest concerts, that have run the past couple of years.
Organizers were also celebrating an $11,500 contribution from Cogeco Connexion, which builds on a partnership started last year.
President and CEO of Cogeco Connexion Louise St-Pierre says it was an easy decision for the company to be involved again.
$4,000 of the donation will be used to hire meet and greet performers for the kids village, like Spiderman, Spongebob Squarepants and others.
The rest of the money will be donated in-kind and used for advertising the waterfront festival in other markets outside of Belleville.



