In a move that Quinte West’s Fire Chief calls “unbelievable”, residents in Quinte West decided to set an old barn they had been taking apart on fire during a windstorm last night.
Although they had a burn permit, the residents soon found the flames being whipped out of control in the wind and called in the fire department.
The North Murray hall responded to the fire at 425 Scriver Road at 8 o’clock and spent two hours putting the blaze out.
Fire Chief John Whalen says an investigation will conclude soon and charges against the residents are pending.
No one was injured.