The section of Belleville General Hospital, affected by last week’s fire, will be closed for a number of weeks.
The Quinte 5 Medicine Unit was evacuated last Tuesday evening due to a small electrical fire.
BGH spokesperson Catherine Walker says the unit will be closed for three weeks to allow for the smoke cleanup.
One patient is also being accommodated at Trenton Memorial Hospital.
None of the 44 patients was injured in the blaze.
Six staff members were checked as a precautionary measure, due to smoke inhalation.