The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has issued a Food Recall Warning involving homemade Organic Mushroom Soup sold in 1 litre containers at the Belleville Farmer’s Market.
The CFIA warning was issued Saturday, March 3 because the soup may permit the growth of the dangerous bacteria Clostridium botulinim which causes botulism.
Food contaminated with the bacteria may not look or smell spoiled but can still cause serious illness.
Botulism can cause various kinds of facial paralysis, slurred speech and general weakness.
In severe cases it can cause death.
If you’ve purchased the homemade Organic Mushroom Soup at the Belleville Farmers’ Market you should throw it out or return it to the market.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency says there have been no reported illnesses related to the product.