Sparks from a welding job are believed to have caused a fire in a trucking garage on Blessington Road Saturday morning.
Belleville Fire Prevention Officer Dave MacMullen says the garage’s owner had just finished doing some welding when the fire started.
The owner managed to get his 1968 Corvette car and a Peterbilt tractor safely out of the garage before it became fully engulfed in flames.
Thurlow ward firefighters, along with support from Tyendinaga Township and Mohawk firefighters, kept flames from spreading to a nearby house and a flatbed trailer loaded with metal shavings.
The fire’s cause was accidental and damage estimated at $150,000.