Over 30 charges have been laid against a Belleville businessman accused of sexually assaulting customers at his city tattoo parlour and more are anticipated.
Forty-seven-year-old Kenneth Melvin appeared for a bail hearing at the Quinte Consolidated Courthouse Wednesday.
Melvin has operated Skin Graffix Tattooing and Piercing on Dundas Street East for many years.
He was charged in early April 2017, after a woman complained she had been sexually assaulted while receiving services. Melvin was also charged with committing an indecent act following the alleged March incident.
Melvin was released from custody, charged again and placed back into custody after more victims came forward.
There is a publication ban on the case to protect the identity of the victims and evidence related to the case.
Public court documents obtained by Quinte News confirm Melvin is facing 32 charges including 10 counts of sexual assault, two counts of committing an indecent act, one count of assault with a weapon, two counts of unlawful confinement, one count of sexual touching and 16 counts of criminal harassment.
Melvin remains in custody and is due back in court Wednesday May 10.
The investigation is ongoing said investigating officer, Det. Sgt. Brad Lentini.
“More interviews will be done next week and further charges are anticipated,” Lentini told Quinte News.
Lentini thanked the media for getting the word out in the case explaining the police wouldn’t have had ‘all the calls’ they did without the attention that was put on the case.
Lentini asked anyone with information into this case to contact him at (613) 966-0882 Ext. 2224 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.