Work continues on the Royal Hotel in Picton in an effort to fix the east wall and foundation after it buckled over a week ago forcing the evacuation of residents living upstairs and Coaches restaurant next door.
Last week, the County’s chief building official Andy Harrison, issued an unsafe building order along with a precautionary order to block the sidewalk along that portion of Main Street while engineers and the Minister of Labour continue to work on next steps.
Mayor Robert Quaiff said crews are finishing up a canopy and the sidewalk around the building could open up around 1 p.m. Friday.
Mayor Quaiff said it could be some time however before the unsafe building order is removed and everyone can return to their apartments and the restaurant.
It is still hoped that the project can be finished by this fall.