The Belleville Fire Department is crediting a carbon monoxide alarm with keeping a Kensington Crescent family healthy.
The carbon monoxide alarm went off Saturday evening, and the fire department had the Mother and her two young children checked for CO2 levels at Belleville hospital. Only minimal traces were found in their blood. If the family had been asleep, and there had been no carbon monoxide alarm in the home, the circumstances could have been much more serious.
The Belleville Fire Department remind you that CO2 is odourless, and invisible, and can be fatal.