There is officially another name in the race to become the next Conservative Party candidate for Bay of Quinte.
After reaching out to supporters last week, Ryan Williams officially announced his intentions on Wednesday to seek the local nomination should a federal election be called soon.
Williams says he wants to use his 16 years of experience as a local businessman, and more recently a Belleville councillor, to continue to move the region forward.
“I know the different parts of the region. I know the economic development, I know from different organizations I’ve been involved in just what the struggles are and from being in a municipality and working alongside my father when he was mayor. Really, it’s to continue the work I’ve been doing that I can do in the federal end, to continue to build the Bay of Quinte Region.”
When it comes to the party he’s chosen to represent, Williams says he believes in new CPC leader Erin O’Toole as the right choice to be the next prime minister.
“I think Erin O’Toole is the right leader and really speaks to all Canadians, which is really great. The party is going to have to come up with some good platforms. I again am running on trying to build Bay of Quinte with better paying jobs and a better median household income, I think the party speaks to that as a whole.”
Williams says the local nomination committee is still meeting to set a date for a candidate election and he’s not expecting a federal call to the polls until after the upcoming Liberal throne speech.




