- If you are planning to drink alcohol or use cannabis, don’t drive
- Take public transit, call a cab, have a designated driver, use a program such as Operation Red Nose or plan to stay overnight
- Talk with your loved ones about ways they can get home safe
- Passengers should speak up if their driver has been drinking or using cannabis for everyone’s safety
- If a guest is impaired, ask for their car keys, invite them to stay overnight or make arrangements for them to get home safe
- If you suspect a driver is impaired, call 911
The QRTC says drivers should be prepared to see RIDE programs taking place anytime and anywhere including major roadways, rural back roads and off-road trails.