Findings captured in the report ‘The 2018 State of Homelessness in Northumberland County’ include:
- 18% of survey respondents were between 16-25 years, 71% were between 25-59 years, and 10% were 60+ years.
- 63% of adults and 80% of families reported that they were experiencing homelessness because of an experience of emotional, physical, psychological, sexual or other type of abuse or trauma.
- 64% of youth reported that they were experiencing homelessness because of an unhealthy or abusive relationship either at home or elsewhere.
- 66% had to leave an apartment or other housing due to their physical health, while 23% have lost their housing because of a mental health concern.
- 60% of all survey respondents were assessed as high acuity (intensive supports required).
To view the full report, as well as other information about housing and homelessness plans for Northumberland, visit www.northumberlandcounty.ca/2018RegistryWeek.