Around 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, November 3, 2018, Prince Edward OPP officers responded to a report of a capsized boat with two people in the water. Both boaters were accounted for with no injuries.
Police are reminding water enthusiasts that it is important to follow simple rules while hunting:
- Never overload your boat
- Never venture onto big water in a boat that’s not seaworthy
- Keep an emergency kit stored in your boat in a waterproof bag
- Let family members or friends know of your plan, such as the launch site where you plan to hunt and when you expect to return
- Never carry a loaded firearm in your boat
- Make sure the boat is operating properly
- Never operate a boat while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Heading home at the end of the hunting day is the most important thing so stay safe.