Quinte West firefighters extinguished a small blaze at Quinte Waste Solutions this morning.
The call came in around 10:40 a.m.
Rachel Revoy, the Communications Coordinator says there was no harm to any employees and operations have since returned to normal.
She continued to say these instances occasionally occur due to flammable and dangerous material being improperly placed and hidden within the blue box.
Please ensure that only recyclable materials are placed in your blue box. Matches, lighters, cigarette butts, and ashes should never be placed in the recycling as they could possibly ignite under certain conditions in their facility.