A 30-year-old man is facing a slew of charges after a struggle with a Quinte West OPP officer early this morning.
Officers on patrol noticed a suspicious vehicle on Bayview Drive, just after 4:00 this morning and attempted a traffic stop, but the driver made a run for it.
Police were able to catch up and the man was taken into custody, but he allegedly tried to remove the officer’s gun from its holster during the arrest.
Charges against Jesse Page-Thomas of no fixed address include:
- assaulting a peace officer with intent to resist arrest
- disarming a peace officer
- possession of marijuana
- possession of cocaine
- possession of marijuana for the purpose of trafficking
- trespass at night
- theft under $5,000
- possession of stolen property
- possession of break-in instruments
- driving while disqualified
- 4 x breaching recognizance
He was held for a bail hearing Tuesday afternoon in Belleville.