A group of area dairy farms is splitting a chunk of federal cash from the Dairy Farm Investment Program.
There are 11 local farms in the Hastings-Lennox and Addington area that will share $861,362, part of a total $250 million being handed out nationwide, through the DFIP.
Two farms in Stirling-Rawdon are in the group including Eastlink Dairy Farm, which is getting cash for a robotic milking project and to Mary Thompson, for an Automation Feeding System.
Other farms getting the funding are as follows:
- Wayne Milligan – Automating the Efficiency of the Dairy Barn (Napanee)
- Veryea Farms Ltd – Modernizing Heifer Barn Systems (Napanee)
- Kevin Maclean – Updating Cow Activity and Reumination Collars + Hardware/Software Upgrades (Napanee)
- William DeVries – Upgrading Feeding System – Phase 1 (Napanee)
- Rob McCutcheon – Farm Upgrades (Roblin)
- Kisa Cuthill – Barn Equipment Improvements (Selby)
- Martingale Farms Ltd – Modernizing Feed Pusher (Selby)
- W. Bruce Caughey – Robotic Milker (Stella)
- MacLaughlin Farm Inc. – Robotic Milking System (Tamworth)