The extreme heat event is expected to continue through Monday, August 6. Temperatures are forecast to reach approximately 30 C with the humidex making it feel more like 40 C.
- The Prince Edward Community Centre and the Wellington & District Community Centre have water bottle filling stations and will be open as cooling stations.
- The Prince Edward Community Centre (375 Picton Main Street) will be open Sunday, August 5 and Monday, August 6 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The Wellington & District Community Centre (111 Belleville Street) will be open Sunday, August 5, and Monday, August 6 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- The splash pad located in the Picton Fairgrounds and public beaches are also good places to cool off during the heat warning.
- Please check on family members or elderly neighbours who may need assistance and ensure that they are staying hydrated and cool.