Belleville fire investigators and the Ontario Fire Marshal have finished looking into a blaze at Belleville General Hospital last night.
Flames broke out on Quinte 5 around 8:30 p.m. and caused about $100,000 damage to the unit.
The cause has been determined to be accidental and was sparked by an electrical issue.
The Belleville fire department is crediting hospital staff for their work in quickly evacuating patients from the floor.
No injuries were reported and the scene was turned back over to QHC staff before noon today.