An alert homeowner and quick response from the Cramahe and Brighton fire departments kept flames from destroying a house in Colborne early Monday night.
According to Today’s Northumberland, the owner of a house on King Street East in Colborne spotted smoke coming from a wall in the area of a pellet stove shortly before 7 o’clock.
Cramahe Fire Chief Brandon Northrup said the fire had been smoldering for some time inside of the wall.
Firefighters managed to limit the fire damage to just one side of the house.
No one was injured.