All Buses and Taxis Cancelled in Tri-Board
Due to forecasted inclement weather all school bus and taxi transportation is cancelled in the Tri-Board Student Transportation Services jurisdiction. The schools will remain open however any students driven to school by parents or guardians will need to be picked up at the end of the day. This decision affects students with the:
- Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
- Hastings & Prince Edward District School Board
- Limestone District School Board
- Whitney PS
- Buses running to Albert College are cancelled.
- Mohawk buses are cancelled.
- Central Hastings Support Network Transit is cancelled.
- All buses running to Christian schools are cancelled.
Along with bus cancellations, the following events have been cancelled for Tuesday evening:
- Quinte Quilters Guild meeting, scheduled for 7pm
- Meeting for TOPS #2940 Belleville is cancelled
- The French Immersion Information Session at Prince Charles Public School in Trenton is cancelled tonight. The new date is Tuesday, February 13 at 7:00 p.m., at Prince Charles in Trenton
- Prince Charles Trenton High School information session for Grade 8 parents and their Quebec Trip info session postponed til Tues Feb 13th.
- The Quinte Mixed 10-pin Bowling League is cancelled for tonight.
- The City of Quinte West Corporate Finance Committee meeting scheduled for tonight has been cancelled.
There are also some changes to garbage and recycling collection across the region, due to the snow.
- In Prince Edward County:
- Garbage and green bin collection service in North and South Marysburgh is cancelled. Waste Management will resume collection in those wards on Thursday, Feb. 8. Residents are asked to put out their garbage and green bins for collection before 7 am on Thursday, Feb. 8.
- Waste Management will complete garbage and green bin collection in Picton on Wednesday, Feb. 7
- Recycling collection is cancelled for the remainder of the day. Recycling collection scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 7 will resume on Saturday, Feb. 10. Residents whose recycling was not collected today are encouraged to bring their material inside and have it to the curb by 7 am on Saturday, Feb. 10.
- For Quinte Waste Solutions customers:
- Due to the inclimnet weather and dangerous road conditions, there will be no further recycling collection on February 7th 2018 after 1pm. For the areas that were not collected, recycling collection will occur on Saturday February 10th 2018 starting at 7am. This will impact some areas in Murray Ward and Sidney Ward in Quinte West and portions of Prince Edward County and Centre Hastings.
- Residents are reminded that recycling can be brought to Quinte Waste Solution’s Material Recovery Facility at 270 West St. in Trenton from Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Thank you for your cooperation.
Drivers are also reminded to drive according to conditions and take extra travel time, with various weather-related minor collisions on area roads and highways.
If you’d like to report a cancellation to us, you can call 613-968-5803, or email us at email@example.com.
This story will be updated through the day, so check back regularly for new additions to the cancellations list.