Fire destroyed a family’s home in the Municipality of Tweed yesterday afternoon.
No one was injured in the fire, which is believed to have started in the dryer of a house on the Moneymore Road, near Shannonville Road around 3 o’clock.
The split level house was fully engulfed in flames when Tweed firefighters arrived. Tyendinaga Township firefighters provided tanker support.
A family of three lived in the house, but only one person, a woman, was home at the time of the fire.
Tweed Fire Chief Derrick Little says about $200,000 damage was done. Firefighters returned last night when flames rekindled in the debris but weren’t on scene long.