There was no serious damage after a fireplace explosion in Tyendinaga Thursday morning.
Fire Chief James Oliver says they were called to a home on Hinchey Road, near Old Highway 2 and Milltown Road, after the front glass blew out on the home’s fireplace.
Oliver says a shutoff switch cut propane, meaning fire did not spread outside the fireplace.
He says when too much gas goes to the fireplace, it shuts off automatically.
The Technical Standards and Safety Authority has been called in to investigate.
No one was injured.