The County’s water main flushing and hydrant maintenance program will begin on Monday in Wellington. Flushing will take place between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday to Friday.
· Water mains will be flushed and hydrants will be serviced throughout the County’s drinking water systems in accordance with the Ontario Fire Code.
· The spring water main flushing and hydrant maintenance program will take place in the following locations within Wellington:
April 24: Area east of Skiff Cove Road, up to and including Consecon Street but excluding Wellington on The Lake.
April 25: Area east of Consecon Street, up to and including Maple Street on north and south sides of Wellington Main Street and Beach Street.
April 26: Area east of Maple Street and north of Wellington Main Street.
· Detailed information on what to expect when flushing is taking place in your area is available online at www.thecounty.ca. To receive updates on where hydrant flushing is taking place, follow the County on Twitter (@Shire_Hall) and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PrinceEdwardCounty).
· While flushing is taking place, customers are asked to avoid excessive water use (Example: running tap water for extended periods, using the washing machine and dish washer simultaneously).
· Customers in the immediate areas may experience intermittent pressure fluctuations and some discolouration of tap water while flushing is being completed. This does not affect the safety or quality of your water.
· If coloured water has been experienced, customers should run the cold water tap closest to the water meter for a few minutes until tap water runs clear. Customers are advised to wait until the water runs clear at the tap before doing laundry or running the dishwasher. Using discoloured water in your washing machine could result in stained laundry.