On top of grass fires and a serious house fire in Carrying Place yesterday morning, Quinte
West firefighters were called out yet again late yesterday afternoon (Saturday), this time to a seniors apartment complex in Frankford.
An elderly man left something cooking on his stove, and it caught fire.
Frankford firefighters responded and put the flames out quickly. Damage was minimal and limited to just the one apartment in the 30 unit building known as Triangle Court.
No one was injured.
Meanwhile the ban on outdoor burning in Quinte West has been lifted due to yesterday’s rainfall.