A natural gas leak caused some problems near downtown Brighton earlier this morning.
Brighton Fire Chief Lloyd Hutchinson says a leak was detected just before 8 o’clock on Dundas Street,
at James Street.
Four homes and some apartments were evacuated and traffic was shut down on several streets in the
Union Gas stopped the leak and is now making repairs, and traffic is flowing normally with the
exception of on Dundas Street.
Homes and apartments are now being aired out, and life should be back to normal by at least 10 this morning.