A grass fire broke out in Campbellford earlier this afternoon.
Around 1:30, Trent Hills fire crews were called to Crowe River Road, close to the 14th line, to battle the blaze.
There were lots of wind blown smoke reported in the area.
The possible cause is of an errant cigarette butt.
All three Trent Hills stations are on scene. Fire Chief Tim Blake says that approximately 35 firefighters total are fighting the blaze.
Like everywhere else in the area, the Trent Hills Fire Department wants to remind people that they do have a burn ban in place, due to extremely dry and hot weather.