(TWEED, ON) – On February 14, 2016, Central Hastings Crime Unit of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) launched an investigation into sexual offences that occurred in Tweed against young persons between the ages of 12-15. These offences took place between 2013 – 2016.
As a result, Jaclyn McLAREN (also known as Jaclyn JONES) of Stirling, ON, a teacher with the Hasting and Prince Edward District School Board was charged with:
- Sexual Assault on a Person Under 16 (4 Counts)
- Sexual Interference with a Person Under 16 (4 Counts)
- Invitation to Sexual Touching Under 16 (4 Counts)
- Sexual Exploitation (8 Counts)
- Luring a Person Under 16 (6 Counts)
- Making Sexually Explicit Material Available to a Person Under 16 (7 Counts)
- Making Child Pornography (3 Counts)
Today, she was further charged with 6 new offences in relation to 4 other victims:
- Making Sexually Explicit Material Available to a Person Under 16 (2 Counts)
- Making Sexually Explicit Material Available to a Person Under 18 (4 Counts)
She was released from custody with conditions and is scheduled to make her next appearance in regards to this matter at the Ontario Court of Justice located in Belleville, ON, today, Thursday, March 31, 2016.
The Central Hastings Crime Unit, under the direction of OPP Detective Inspector Rob Hagerman, Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB), is continuing the investigation and the charges that have been laid are in relation to eight (8) known victims. Anyone with information about this investigation or information about other crimes, is asked to contact the Central Hastings OPP Crime Unit at 1-888-310-1122.