A walkout is planned for Tuesday for many students in the Hastings Prince Edward School Board.
The walkout has been planned by parents who are against a new head lice policy in the public board, which states students with lice or nits can remain in the classroom.
The group has created a facebook page and started a petition as well.
Spokesperson Kristy Sinclair expects about 100 families or guardians will keep kids out of the classroom.
Last week, after a plea from the group, the board said they would not change policy, arguing that medical officials say the risk for transmission is low.
The group says they’re willing to go as far as a lawsuit to get the policy overturned.