Hastings County, along with other municipalities, has taken its concern about the increasing cost of hospitals to Queens Park.
Warden Rick Phillips was part of a delegation to Premier Kathleen Wynne and cabinet ministers this week with concerns about the increasing capital costs for hospitals that are borne by municipalities.
CAO Jim Pine says it’s expected to be a billion dollars over the next few years and is “a huge pressure on taxpayers.”
He says the province pays 90% with municipalities picking up the remaining 10%.
Pine expects to soon have the local numbers on the hospital cost.