December 6th, 2017 by

Unattended pot leads to fire in Quinte West apartment

(Quinte News File Photo)

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation, after putting out a fire in a neighbour’s apartment, in Quinte West today.

Fire Chief John Whelan tells Quinte News his firefighters responded to a six-plex at 118 Bay Street around 12:35, where the resident had put a pot on the stove and left the building.

The two neighbours heard the smoke alarm go off, went into the smoky apartment and used fire extinguishers to put out the flames.

Whelan says damage was minimal and both people were treated at the scene, but is reminding people again to never leave cooking appliances or candles unattended, especially during the holiday season.

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter