Boaters in Prince Edward County who are hoping to hit the water this weekend should take note of which boat launches are open and closed.
A number of launches are affected due to high water levels, which have led to damage to launch ramps and docks, and repairs can’t be made until those water levels subside.
As of Friday morning, the Wellington Marina Boat Launch on Belleville Street and the Picton Marina Boat Launch on Bridge Street are both open, as is the Glendon Green Launch off County Road 18, but all others are closed.
The full open/closed launch is below:
Wellington Beach Boat Launch – Beach Street – CLOSED
· Wellington Marina Boat Lunch – Belleville Street – OPEN
· Picton Marina Boat Launch – Bridge Street – OPEN
· Mabel Kleinsteuber Boat Launch – County Rd 12 – CLOSED
· Consecon Boat Launch – Novotny Court – CLOSED
· Northport Launch – Boat Centennial Park, County Rd 15 – CLOSED
· Prinyer’s Cove Boat Launch – County Rd 7 – CLOSED
· Weller’s Bay Boat Launch – Edward Drive – CLOSED
· Rossmore Launch – Ridley Street – RESTRICTED ACCESS TO DOCK
· Glendon Green Launch – Off County Rd 18 – OPEN