January 11th, 2017 by

Update: Man pulled from smoky home

A media alert bracelet (Photo: Tim Durkin/ Quinte News

A medic alert bracelet (Photo: Tim Durkin/ Quinte News)

Update @ 1:45 pm:

The story of how Hastings-Quinte paramedics rescued a man from his smoke-filled Consecon home Tuesday night was outlined during a meeting of the Emergency Measures committee Wednesday.

Chief of Paramedic Services Doug Socha says the two paramedics answered a medic alert alarm, found the house filled with smoke, called the fire department, then entered and found the man.

paara-consecon-fire

Prince Edward firefighters were training in Consecon at the time.
They arrived to find no fire but the house full of smoke from cooking, which they then cleared out.

A man was pulled from a smoke filled house, after a serious issue in Consecon Tuesday night.

Around 8:30 p.m., Prince Edward fire members were training in Consecon, when they received a call about an active fire at 51 Main Street.

When they arrived there was no active fire, however the house was full of smoke, from cooking.

Two EMS members pulled a man from the home, who had activated a medical alert bracelet inside the home, just minutes earlier.

He was taken to hospital for treatment, while the EMS members were also treated with suspected smoke inhalation.

EMS and fire members cleared smoke from the home.

No damage estimate is known at this time.

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on Twitter