Pair of house fires in Trenton
Posted 10 months ago
Sun, Aug 19th, '12 - 9:05 am
Firefighters in Quinte West were kept busy yesterday.
At about 2 o’clock in the afternoon, they were called to a house fire on Dufferin Avenue in Trenton.
Someone had placed a cigarette butt in a flower pot on the home’s back porch.
But the flower pot soon caught fire and so did the home.
It took the fire crew about two hours to calm the blaze.
The fire caused about $60,000 in damages.
There were no injuries.
Meanwhile, Quinte West fire is still investigating a fire that occurred in Trenton just after 4 o’clock yesterday morning.
A two-storey family home was destroyed in the blaze.
The family of five made it out safely.
About $250,000 to $300,000 worth of damage caused by that fire.