QWFD revoke resident’s burn permit
Posted 1 year ago
Sat, Apr 28th, '12 - 8:34 am
A Frankford resident has had his Open Air Burning permit revoked after violating it’s conditions.
Quinte West Fire Prevention Officer Rob Comeau inspected the residential/farm lot yesterday…. and found a number of violations.
First-off… there was a completely burned mattress in the fire pit… which would have created flames exceeding the maximum size on the permit.
Also inside the pit… Comeau found old kitchen cabinets and fence panels which were painted… that’s also a violation… since burning paint will emit noxious or toxic fumes.
The un-named resident has lost the permit for 2012.
For more information on Quinte West’s outdoor burning policies… you can visit the city website at city.quintewest.on.ca.